Tuesday 28 July 2020

Christmas Beach Day

Christmas Beach Day Pages. 
Hi everyone i have created some pages in my Christmas Memory Journal.  Below is the step by step instructions on how i did these. There is also some instructions on how i created the Handmade Papers to use in my journal. 


PRODUCTS USED: Kaisercraft Peppermint Kisses Pattern Papers and Die-cuts. Let It Snow Pattern Papers and Die-cuts. Christmas Washi Tapes. Handmade papers designed by myself. 

STEP 1: Start by choosing your pattern papers. 
STEP 2:  I gather together my papers i have chosen and hold my photo over them. Moove the papers around until i am happy with the my choices. I then cut the papers to size and staple them together to hold them in place. 
STEP 3: Next i stick my photos to turquoise  cardstock and cut  out a border. Then stick the photos to the pattern paper pieces with foam mounting tape, or i use cardboard from my packaging. I like to use this as it is more sturdier for larger items. 

STEP 4: I want to use a little more of the darker turquoise in the photos, so i have mixed some dark turquoise brusho with water and splattered on the background papers. Make sure you cover your photo with some paper so the splatters don't get on your photos.  
STEP 5: Pick your embellishments, tags, etc for the pages. And stick these down, some with foam mounting tape, some flat. 
STEP 6:  Add some Washi Tape. Then draw some fake stitching lines to frame the page. 

I hope you have enjoyed creating you pages for the album, here is another pic of some other pages i have created for the journal I can not wait to add more and finish my 2019 Christmas Memory Journal. 

Hand Made Papers To Use In Your Memory Journal.

PRODUCTS USED:  Silver Paint. Silver Glitter. Mont Marte Light Moulding Paste. Stencil: Script and Unknown name. Silver Round Confetti. Geli Printing Plate. White Photo Copy Paper. Brayer.

I love making hand made papers, but i also love the paper choices we can buy there are some amazing Patterned Papers on the Market these days. 

STEP 1: I applied some light turquoise paint to a geli plate with a brayer.  
STEP 2: I then placed a piece of copy paper over the top and lifted off a paint print, i repeated this again a couple of times. This will give you a few pieces to work with.  If you want more paper repeat the same process with the same colour or using another colour such as i have used some Red Paint for some other colour choices i will pop a picture up at the end of the tutorial.  

STEP 3: Next i have applied some white paint to the geli plate, and placed a poinsettia stencil on top. My stencil is small and a much larger stencil would have been better. I used some copy paper over the stencil to remove some of the paint, and repeat across the geli plate. 
STEP 4:  I placed my previous turquoise print over the white print on the geli plate and lifted to make another print. You can probably get a few more prints from the geli plate on your other prints. 

Pretty isn't it. 
STEP 5:  For the next step mix together some Light Moulding Paste and silver paint, and apply through the stencil. Do this on various places on the paper. While the paste is still wet sprinkle over some silver glitter to bling it up. Allow to dry. 


STEP 6: Scrape some Light Moulding Paste Through a script stencil over the page in various places. Allow to dry. 

STEP 7: Use the same stencil you used for the silver moulding paste, and apply some Ranger Archival Ink in a Dark Blue  to various places on the paper. 
STEP 8: Stick Silver Confetti Circles all over the page with gel medium. The draw circles around the silver confetti with your favourite white pen. This seems like a lot of work, but it comes together quite quickly and if you do multiple papers at a time it is better. 

Here are some pics of a red and gold version 





Merry Christmas In July Marion Werren DT Member for Scrap Of Your Life. xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Mini Album

  I have a new found love for Lemoncraft Design Papers and Embellisments. The “Serenity” Range in Pastel Blues and Pinks is adorable and  I...